Bringing people together to share, learn and celebrate achievements is one of our favorite things to do.
- On November 12-13, CFED will host its 10th annual I’M HOME Conference in Seattle, WA. The conference is an annual gathering where a range of audiences interested in applying manufactured housing solutions to affordable housing challenges come together to share progress, highlight innovative practices and lessons learned and make new connections. On November 11 – 12, ROC USA will hold its CTAP training and the National Manufactured Homeowners Association (NMHOA) will hold their annual convention from November 14 - 15.
Registration for the 2014 Innovations in Manufactured Homes (I’M HOME) Conference is now open! Discounted rates are available to I’M HOME Network General Members, so join now to make sure you get a discount! Click here to register!
- The 2014 Assets Learning Conference, Platforms for Prosperity took place September 17-19, 2014 in Washington, DC. Check out the ALC website for session notes, photos and videos from the conference.
- On Thursday, July 17, CFED, the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency, Penn State University and Action Housing held a convening titled "Health, Financial Security and Environment: Manufactured Housing in Southwest Pennsylvania". Hosted by the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland-Pittsburgh Branch, the goal was to frame a three-year collaborative intervention for manufactured housing residents in eight southwest Pennsylvania counties. The program will be designed to positively impact the environmental, health, aging and financial security outcomes of manufactured housing residents. A key component, and one that many participants repeatedly came back to, is an evaluation element to determine the effectiveness of the project.
- On Thursday, July 10, CFED hosted Mistakes to Success: Learning to Learn from Failure. During this free, hour-long webinar, panelists explored ways that we can apply the concepts of emergent learning to take advantage of ways to learn from failure. Click here to watch the recording!
- The 2014 Children's Savings Conference: From Aspirations to Achievement took place April 29-30 at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, DC.
- The Financial Education & Account Access Among Elementary Students webinar took place on Wednesday, April 23 from 2-3pm CDT.
- On February 27, CFED and the Center for American Progress hosted a discussion on tax incentives and retirement savings on Capitol Hill. This event, headlined by Senator Elizabeth Warren, addressed how the tax code greatly encourages retirement savings by high-income earners while leaving behind middle- and lower-income families. Click here to read a recap of the event.
- On Thursday, February 27, CFED President Andrea Levere participated in an in-depth discussion on asset poverty in Texas as part of a series hosted by KERA titled One Crisis Away. Click here to watch the One Crisis Away special.
- On Wednesday, February 12, CFED President Andrea Levere was a featured speaker on an Aspen Institute webinar titled "What's in Your Piggy Bank?" The webinar explored new paths to economic security for children and their parents through Children's Savings Accounts and featured Reggie Bicha, Executive Director of the Colorado Department of Human Services and Anne Mosle, Vice President at the Aspen Institute.
- On January 30, CFED released the 2014 Assets & Opportunity Scorecard — the leading source of state-level data on financial security and policy solutions. Click here to view the release webinar.
- On January 7, CFED's Savings & Financial Security Team hosted a webinar to answer questions from potential applicants to the MetLife Savings Innovation Learning Cluster. Check out the PowerPoint slides here and FAQs about the opportunity here.
- On Tuesday, December 17, the BETA Project Team hosted a webinar called "Findings from the BETA Project" from 3-4 pm EST. The webinar explored findings from the Behavioral Economics Technical Assistance Project, a year-long collaboration between CFED, ideas42 and the Citi Foundation.
- On November 7, we hosted How the Federal Tax Code is Driving Inequity and What You Can Do About It. This webinar was co-hosted by the Asset Funders Network, CFED, PolicyLink and others.
- Supporting Children's Futures: Turning Child Support into College Savings was co-hosted with the Assets & Opportunity Network on Tuesday, November 12 from 2-3:30pm EST. Click here for more information.
- On September 26 at 7:30pm we hosted an early screening of Inequality For All, a documentary film about economic inequality in America, in Washington, DC.
- On September 24, we hosted a convening on Innovations in Microenterprise from 8:30am-5:00pm at our DC office. A group of leading practitioners, funders and advocates for microenterprise and microentrepreneurs joined us to explore four innovative new models that can help financially vulnerable entrepreneurs enhance their financial capability and security.
- On July 30, CFED hosted 'Energy Savings is Asset Building,' a webinar made possible with support from NeighborWorks America. Click here to access resources from this webinar.
- On July 17, we hosted a Capitol Hill Policy Forum, Examining the Impact of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, sponsored by CFED & Democracy: A Journal of Ideas featuring Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and an expert panel in the Dirksen Senate Office Building, Room G-11. To browse photos from the event, click here.
- On May 9, we hosted A Foot in the Door to the American Dream: A Forum on College Savings Accounts in the Dirksen Senate Office Building. This lunchtime policy forum was sponsored by CFED & Opportunity Nation. For more information, click here. Live audio recordings are on our Youpage page. See photos of the event here.
- On March 29, we hosted Determining Participant Eligibility and Tracking Participant Progress. The slides and recording are forthcoming.
- On March 27, we hosted Real Homes, Real Value: Improving Real Property Appraisals for Manufactured Homes. Click here for the slides and recording of the webinar.
- On March 1, we hosted Affordable Housing as an Asset-Building Platform, an interactive webinar with support from NeighborWorks America. The slides and recording of the webinar are now available.
- On February 26, we hosted, Can America Save Itself? Tax Reform, Savings and Financial Security, a Breakfast Policy Forum on Capitol Hill, featuring Rep. Richard Neal (D-MA), Rep. Jim Gerlach (R-PA) & Jonathan Mintz (Commissioner, New York City Department of Consumer Affairs) from 8:30 – 10:30 am in Washington, DC. To see a live recording of the event, click here. Photos are available here.
- On January 30, we hosted a webinar to release the 2013 Assets & Opportunity Scorecard. The 2013 Assets & Opportunity Scorecard is a comprehensive look at how Americans are faring in terms of financial security and opportunity. The Scorecard is an important resource that advocates can use to help frame their 2013 agendas. To listen to the webinar, click here.
- On December 4, CFED shared lessons that can inform other practitioners’ efforts to identify the best ways to serve low- and moderate-income job creators in a webinar called "What Works for Job Creators? Experimenting with Integrated Delivery Systems for Microenterprise Services."
- CFED hosted an event in collaboration with the editors of Democracy on Tuesday, November 27 from 9 – 10:30 am at CFED’s National Office. Some of the best minds in economic mobility and wealth creation came together to argue what Washington’s top post-election priorities should be to restore American opportunity. Speakers included Andrea Levere (President, CFED), Ray Boshara (Senior Advisor and Community Development Policy Officer, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis), James Carr (Fellow, Insight Center for Community Economic Development) and Sarah Rosen Wartell (President, Urban Institute). The event was moderated by Jim Tankersley (Economics Correspondent, National Journal). A live audio recording of the event is available here. Photos of the event are available here.
- On November 15, CFED presented a webinar with support from NeighborWorks America called "The Assets & Opportunity Network and Scorecard: Opportunities for NeighborWorks Organizations to get Involved." Learn more and watch the recording here.
- On Thursday, November 8, CFED hosted an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Election 2012 with CFED President Andrea Levere and Guy Molyneux, Partner at Hart Research Associates, one of the nation’s leading public opinion research firms. Guy offered his insights on the big trends that drove the 2012 election and gave his take on the major opportunities and potential challenges coming up in 2013 and his advice on how asset-building advocates can effectively advance an agenda. Click to view the webinar recording.
- On Tuesday, October 16, CFED released its latest Scorecard data on the strength of state policies that create pathways to financial security and opportunity. The formal release took place during a webinar that is available exclusively to members of the Assets & Opportunity Network. To join the Network, and to listen to the webinar, click here.
- On Thursday, October 4, CFED hosted an online interactive Q&A session for those considering applying for the Behavioral Economics Technical Assistance Project, a program brought to you jointly by CFED, ideas42 and the Citi Foundation. Click here for more information.