Bringing people together to share, learn and celebrate achievements is one of our favorite things to do.
- * Postponed * Please join CFED and the Center for American Progress on December 10 from 9:30-11 am EST for a discussion on tax incentives and retirement savings in the Dirksen Senate Office Building, Room SD-G50. This event will address how the tax code greatly encourages retirement savings by high-income earners while leaving behind middle- and lower-income families. The event will also discuss policy reforms that have the potential to expand retirement security for all Americans. Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) will give remarks, followed by a panel discussion and audience Q&A. This event is free, but space is limited, so advanced registration is required. Click here to RSVP via email.
- On Tuesday, December 17, the BETA Project Team will host a webinar called "Findings from the BETA Project" from 3-4 pm EST. The webinar will explore findings from the Behavioral Economics Technical Assistance Project, a year-long collaboration between CFED, ideas42 and the Citi Foundation. Click here to register.
- Save the Date: The 2014 Assets Learning Conference, Platforms for Prosperity, will take place September 17-19 next year in Washington, DC. Please mark your calendars and stay tuned for more details!
- On November 7, we hosted How the Federal Tax Code is Driving Inequity and What You Can Do About It. This webinar was co-hosted by the Asset Funders Network, CFED, PolicyLink and others.
- Supporting Children's Futures: Turning Child Support into College Savings was co-hosted with the Assets & Opportunity Network on Tuesday, November 12 from 2-3:30pm EST. Click here for more information.
- On September 26 at 7:30pm we hosted an early screening of Inequality For All, a documentary film about economic inequality in America, in Washington, DC.
- On September 24, we hosted a convening on Innovations in Microenterprise from 8:30am-5:00pm at our DC office. A group of leading practitioners, funders and advocates for microenterprise and microentrepreneurs joined us to explore four innovative new models that can help financially vulnerable entrepreneurs enhance their financial capability and security.
- On July 30, CFED hosted 'Energy Savings is Asset Building,' a webinar made possible with support from NeighborWorks America. Click here to access resources from this webinar.
- On July 17, we hosted a Capitol Hill Policy Forum, Examining the Impact of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, sponsored by CFED & Democracy: A Journal of Ideas featuring Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and an expert panel in the Dirksen Senate Office Building, Room G-11. To browse photos from the event, click here.
- On May 9, we hosted A Foot in the Door to the American Dream: A Forum on College Savings Accounts in the Dirksen Senate Office Building. This lunchtime policy forum was sponsored by CFED & Opportunity Nation. For more information, click here. Live audio recordings are on our Youpage page. See photos of the event here.
- On March 29, we hosted Determining Participant Eligibility and Tracking Participant Progress. The slides and recording are forthcoming.
- On March 27, we hosted Real Homes, Real Value: Improving Real Property Appraisals for Manufactured Homes. Click here for the slides and recording of the webinar.
- On March 1, we hosted Affordable Housing as an Asset-Building Platform, an interactive webinar with support from NeighborWorks America. The slides and recording of the webinar are now available.
- On February 26, we hosted, Can America Save Itself? Tax Reform, Savings and Financial Security, a Breakfast Policy Forum on Capitol Hill, featuring Rep. Richard Neal (D-MA), Rep. Jim Gerlach (R-PA) & Jonathan Mintz (Commissioner, New York City Department of Consumer Affairs) from 8:30 – 10:30 am in Washington, DC. To see a live recording of the event, click here. Photos are available here.
- On January 30, we hosted a webinar to release the 2013 Assets & Opportunity Scorecard. The 2013 Assets & Opportunity Scorecard is a comprehensive look at how Americans are faring in terms of financial security and opportunity. The Scorecard is an important resource that advocates can use to help frame their 2013 agendas. To listen to the webinar, click here.
- On December 4, CFED shared lessons that can inform other practitioners’ efforts to identify the best ways to serve low- and moderate-income job creators in a webinar called "What Works for Job Creators? Experimenting with Integrated Delivery Systems for Microenterprise Services."
- CFED hosted an event in collaboration with the editors of Democracy on Tuesday, November 27 from 9 – 10:30 am at CFED’s National Office. Some of the best minds in economic mobility and wealth creation came together to argue what Washington’s top post-election priorities should be to restore American opportunity. Speakers included Andrea Levere (President, CFED), Ray Boshara (Senior Advisor and Community Development Policy Officer, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis), James Carr (Fellow, Insight Center for Community Economic Development) and Sarah Rosen Wartell (President, Urban Institute). The event was moderated by Jim Tankersley (Economics Correspondent, National Journal). A live audio recording of the event is available here. Photos of the event are available here.
- On November 15, CFED presented a webinar with support from NeighborWorks America called "The Assets & Opportunity Network and Scorecard: Opportunities for NeighborWorks Organizations to get Involved." Learn more and watch the recording here.
- On Thursday, November 8, CFED hosted an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Election 2012 with CFED President Andrea Levere and Guy Molyneux, Partner at Hart Research Associates, one of the nation’s leading public opinion research firms. Guy offered his insights on the big trends that drove the 2012 election and gave his take on the major opportunities and potential challenges coming up in 2013 and his advice on how asset-building advocates can effectively advance an agenda. Click to view the webinar recording.
- On Tuesday, October 16, CFED released its latest Scorecard data on the strength of state policies that create pathways to financial security and opportunity. The formal release took place during a webinar that is available exclusively to members of the Assets & Opportunity Network. To join the Network, and to listen to the webinar, click here.
- On Thursday, October 4, CFED hosted an online interactive Q&A session for those considering applying for the Behavioral Economics Technical Assistance Project, a program brought to you jointly by CFED, ideas42 and the Citi Foundation. Click here for more information.