Bringing people together to share, learn and celebrate achievements is one of our favorite things to do.
- June 5-7, 2013 participate in the 8th Annual Underbanked Financial Services Forum, the country’s only conference that brings together bank and credit union executives, technology entrepreneurs, retailers, investors, regulators, nonprofit providers, and consumer advocates to discuss market opportunities for advancing innovative efforts and reaching the financially underserved. Presented by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (CFSI) and SourceMedia, the publisher of American Banker, the Forum provides an opportunity for organizations to share their successes and challenges in the underbanked marketplace. Register here to attend the Forum and use code PTNR13 to receive $200 off of the current rate.
- On May 9, we hosted "A Foot in the Door to the American Dream: A Forum on College Savings Accounts" in the Dirksen Senate Office Building, Room G-50. This lunchtime policy forum was sponsored by CFED & Opportunity Nation. For more information, click here. A live audio recording is forthcoming.
- On March 29, we hosted Determining Participant Eligibility and Tracking Participant Progress. The slides and recording are forthcoming.
- On March 27, we hosted Real Homes, Real Value: Improving Real Property Appraisals for Manufactured Homes. Click here for the slides and recording of the webinar.
- On March 1, we hosted Affordable Housing as an Asset-Building Platform, an interactive webinar with support from NeighborWorks America. The slides and recording of the webinar are now available.
- On February 26, we hosted, Can America Save Itself? Tax Reform, Savings and Financial Security, a Breakfast Policy Forum on Capitol Hill, featuring Rep. Richard Neal (D-MA), Rep. Jim Gerlach (R-PA) & Jonathan Mintz (Commissioner, New York City Department of Consumer Affairs) from 8:30 – 10:30 am in Washington, DC. To see a live recording of the event, click here.
- On January 30, we hosted a webinar to release the 2013 Assets & Opportunity Scorecard. The 2013 Assets & Opportunity Scorecard is a comprehensive look at how Americans are faring in terms of financial security and opportunity. The Scorecard is an important resource that advocates can use to help frame their 2013 agendas. To listen to the webinar, click here.
- On December 4, CFED shared lessons that can inform other practitioners’ efforts to identify the best ways to serve low- and moderate-income job creators in a webinar called "What Works for Job Creators? Experimenting with Integrated Delivery Systems for Microenterprise Services."
- On November 15, CFED presented a webinar with support from NeighborWorks America called "The Assets & Opportunity Network and Scorecard: Opportunities for NeighborWorks Organizations to get Involved." Learn more and watch the recording here.
- CFED hosted an event in collaboration with the editors of Democracy on Tuesday, November 27 from 9 – 10:30 am at CFED’s National Office. Some of the best minds in economic mobility and wealth creation came together to argue what Washington’s top post-election priorities should be to restore American opportunity. Speakers included Andrea Levere (President, CFED), Ray Boshara (Senior Advisor and Community Development Policy Officer, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis), James Carr (Fellow, Insight Center for Community Economic Development) and Sarah Rosen Wartell (President, Urban Institute). The event was moderated by Jim Tankersley (Economics Correspondent, National Journal). A live audio recording of the event is available here.
- On Thursday, November 8, CFED hosted an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Election 2012 with CFED President Andrea Levere and Guy Molyneux, Partner at Hart Research Associates, one of the nation’s leading public opinion research firms. Guy offered his insights on the big trends that drove the 2012 election and gave his take on the major opportunities and potential challenges coming up in 2013 and his advice on how asset-building advocates can effectively advance an agenda. Click to view the webinar recording.
- On Tuesday, October 16, CFED released its latest Scorecard data on the strength of state policies that create pathways to financial security and opportunity. The formal release took place during a webinar that is available exclusively to members of the Assets & Opportunity Network. To join the Network, and to listen to the webinar, click here.
- On Thursday, October 4, CFED hosted an online interactive Q&A session for those considering applying for the Behavioral Economics Technical Assistance Project, a program brought to you jointly by CFED, ideas42 and the Citi Foundation. Click here for more information.
- Over 1,100 asset-building professionals joined us for the 2012 Assets Learning Conference, Ideas into Action, in Washington, DC September 19 - 21. As this year’s premier gathering of practitioners, researchers and advocates, the 2012 Assets Learning Conference included six Conference Institutes, four plenary sessions and 65 Concurrent Sessions covering the most pertinent and cutting-edge topics for the asset-building field.
- Second National Poverty Summit.
- Webinar: ALC Advocacy Training: What You Need to Know for Your Capitol Hill Visits
- Webinar: Bringing Microenterprise Resources to Your State with the Self-Employment Assistance Program
- Webinar: Credit Building is Asset Building
- Webinar: Real Homes, Real Property: Improving Manufactured Housing Titling Policy across the US
- Webinar: State & Local Frameworks for Federal Funding: Manufactured Housing in Consolidated Plans
- Webinar: Opening Doors to New Funding Steams
- Webinar: Incorporating Asset Building Strategies into Neighborhood Revitalization
- Webinar: Credit Unions and Financing Manufactured Homes: Opportunities & Innovations
- Webinar: Applying Behavioral Economics for Improved Program Delivery and Greater Impact
- Webinar: The 2012 Assets & Opportunity Scorecard: How Financially Secure are Families?
- Webinar: Innovations in Paying Down Debt: Lessons from Borrow Less Tomorrow
- Webinar: The Self-Employment Tax Strategy: Empowering Entrepreneurs at Tax Time
- Webinar: Bank On as a Model for Financial Access
- Webinar: 2012 Assets & Opportunity Scorecard
- Webinar: Individual Development Accounts Update Webinar
- Webinar: Bringing it All Home: USDA Programs for Manufactured Homes and Communities
- SETI Schedule C VITA Pilot Presentations at NCTC Conference
- Bringing it All Home: Manufactured Housing and the Future of Affordable Housing Convening
- Webinar: Financial Empowerment through Employer Engagement
- Webinar: Solving Elders's Manufactured Home Problems - Tools, Resources, Legal Approaches
- Webinar: Local Innovation. National Impact
- Webinar: Single-Family Financing for Manufactured Homes
- Webinar: Partnerships that Leverage Tax Time and Empower Entrepreneurs
- Saving for College: A Policy Primer
- Webinar: Local Policy to Preserve and Promote Manufactured Housing
- Webinar: What is innovation@cfed?
- Webinar: Innovations in Asset Building - Learning from $aveNYC
- Webinar: Fundamental Freedoms in Manufactured Home Communities
- Webinar: Innovative Approaches to College Success Webinar
- Homeownership Done Right Event
- Discussion: CDFI Membership in the Federal Home Loan Banks
- Webinar: Promoting Quality, Affordability & Energy Efficiency
- 2010 Assets Learning Conference
- 30th Anniversary Gala
- 2009 Innovation Summit
- 2009 Assets & Opportunity Scorecard Institute
- 2009 National Conference of Children and Youth Savings
- 2008 Assets Learning Conference