Research at CFED
What We Do
The Human Insights Initiative at CFED collaborates with asset building and financial capability organizations to learn from people in low- and moderate income communities and co-create strategies that demonstrate potential for enhancing the financial situation of people in those communities. Our work covers three key functions:
- Discovery to define a challenge, understand the people affected, and uncover the barriers they encounter by employing techniques such as in-depth interviewing, observation, journey mapping, logic modeling, and behavioral barriers reviews.
- Design to generate new solutions with facilitated brainstorming, drafting of prototype materials, and feedback from people in communities and other stakeholders.
- Testing to assess the viability of solutions in terms of appeal, feasibility, and effects through concept testing, user testing, and mini-pilots.
What We’re Working On
- A planning tool to help with financial emergencies
- A new service to help people pay bills on time
- Understanding how Black business owners manage cash flow issues
- Exploring how employers can improve financial wellness for young workers
- Strategies to improve engagement of clients with credit counseling services
We're working on updating information on our human insights projects. For our old website on Behavioral Economics, click here.