Innovations in Manufactured Homes
Publications and Events
Save the date for the 2017 I'M HOME Conference, being held October 2-4, 2017, in Providence, Rhode Island! Check out the presentations and materials from the 2016 I'M HOME Conference here!
View all of our Policy and Data Snapshots, Policy Briefs, Sample Local Level Policies and Resource Guides in our Manufactured Housing Toolkit.
View all CFED publications and resources in our Resource Directory.
I'M HOME Publications
- December 2016 | Housing Policy Brief: Housing in the Delta Region
- November 2016 | Steps Forward: Delivery of Competitive Manufactured Home Financing in Land-Lease Communities, Especially with Long-Term Security of Tenure
- September 2016 | Mobile and Manufactured Homes In Central Appalachia and Alabama
- June 2016 | File Fact: Homeownership Is Still Out of Reach for Millions of Households
- February 2015 | Advocating at the Local Level
- February 2015 | Promoting Resident Ownership of Communities
- January 2015 | 10 Facts about Resident Ownership
- September 2014 | A Key Component of the Affordable Housing Solution: The Challenge and Potential of Manufactured Homes in Southwest Pennsylvania
- November 2013 | Housing Finance Agencies and Manufactured Home Lending: Achievements and Opportunities in Affordable Homeownership
- October 2013 | Manufactured Housing: Building Wealth At Home
- August 2013 | Manufactured Housing as a Metropolitan Housing Solution
- March 2013 | Toward a Sustainable and Responsible Expansion of Affordable Mortgages for Manufactured Homes
- March 2013 | Affordable Housing as an Asset-Building Platform (video)
- February 2013 | Cracks in the Foundation? Homeownership After the Housing Crash
- February 2016 | FHFA's Duty to Serve: Fannie and Freddie's Obligations to the Manufactured Housing Market
- June 2015 | I'M HOME Policy Agenda
- July 2013 | Energy Savings is Asset Building
- March 2013 | Real Homes, Real Value: Improving Real Property Appraisals of Manufactured Homes
- More than 160 developers, lenders, policymakers, industry experts, homeowners and community organizers affiliated with manufactured homes from 30 different states attended CFED's 2016 I'M HOME Conference in San Antonio, Texas, from November 14-16. View the event presentations and publications here.
- CFED held a convening in Denver in October 2015 highlighting the challenges and possibilities of manufactured housing in the state. As result of that event and our follow-up conversations with CHFA, single-section homes, which are a majority of the state’s new manufactured home stock, are now eligible for CHFA programs. See CHFA’s seller’s guide for details about program rules.
- The 2015 I'M HOME Conference celebrated the growth of the manufactured housing field, engaged the challenges that owners of manufactured homes face and continued to identify new ways to leverage factory-built housing to meet our nation's affordable housing needs. The event was held from October 26-28 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and brought together affordable housing developers, lenders, government agency staff, policymakers, industry experts, homeowners, community organizers, researchers, funders and more.
- The 2014 Innovations in Manufactured Homes (I’M HOME) Conference was held November 12-13 in Seattle, WA. The I'M HOME Conference is an annual gathering where CFED's Innovations in Manufactured Homes (I'M HOME) program engages various stakeholders to come together and share our progress, highlight innovative practices and lessons learned, and make new connections.
- Health, Financial Security and Environment: Manufactured Housing in Southwest Pennsylvania On July 17, 2014, CFED, the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency, Penn State University and Action Housing held a convening in Pittsburgh on manufactured housing in the region. Hosted by the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland-Pittsburgh Branch, the goal was to frame a three-year collaborative intervention for manufactured housing residents in eight southwest Pennsylvania counties. The program will be designed to positively impact the environmental, health, aging and financial security outcomes of manufactured housing residents.